INFO » FANFICTION RECS
A few things you should know about how I pick fan fictions:
- I’m extremely picky. If the fic doesn’t have over 10,000 words (in a chapter story), I’m out of there. The scroll bar has to be an inch or less in length (unless I’m friends with the person writing it, then I give them leniency). It’s part of my OCD.
- I look at the first page of each fanfiction I come across. If there are any more than three obvious mistakes, I put that onto my ‘no’ list. If there are only one or two mistakes, I keep reading. If the author keeps me reading past the first chapter, that story goes on my ‘yes’ list.
- I have over 500 fanfictions saved in my bookmarks, naturally very organized (hah. not really). I get emails when stories are updated and check those out at least every few days.
- I use fanfiction.mugglenet.com, harrypotterfanfiction.com, twilightsource.com, fanfiction.net, thewriterscoffeeshop.com, and siye.co.uk as my primary fanfiction reserves, but I also visit different livejournals.
- I’m a Beta Reader as well, so if any of you ever need one, I have my certification! (That makes it sound so official aha!) Don’t be afraid to ask me to Beta Read one of your fanfictions! I’m always glad to help someone out if they so desire. Just ask me kindly and I shall do it when I have time (I don’t have a lot of it, though. I catch up during holidays on all the chapters I have left to edit)
I just recently added all the summaries from the site on which the fics were posted due to popular request. It took me a very long time, so I hope it comes in handy for you!
This list is always a work-in-progress! I constantly switch everything up. If you have any good ones to recommend to me, I’ll check them over and (most likely) add them to the list. I’m always open to new fanfictions! (You may think I’m kidding when I say this, but I’m not: this is basically my job.)
UPDATE AS OF 2013: Recommendations that I post on my blog can be found under this tag on my main blog and this tag on my DW blog.